Monday, April 9, 2012

Are you Being Served?

Every week I would tune into Channel 11 to check out what color Ms Slocombe's hair would be on Are You Being Served?  I always thought when I get into my senior years I would go every week to get my hair dyed a different color. What the heck. If Ms. Slocombe could do it why can't I?

When I was younger I was in such a rush to grow up. I guess we all are. Unfortunately I missed the boat on the chance of dying my hair all kinds of strange and wonderful colors.  I look back now and my excuses for not doing it were usually that the stinky job that I was in at the point wouldn't permit it. I am not in that same job anymore and really I was only making minimum wage so who cared if they fired me, there was always another crappy minimum wage job just around the corner.  But like I said I wanted to be a grown up and I lived on my own such as I do now and to remain on my own I needed those crappy jobs and thought better than to push my luck with my hair. I still wish I did it though.  Now at almost 42 I'm dying to dye my hair pink.  I know, what am I thinking or so that's what my husband says.  I tried to get pink streaks in my hair for my wedding but it was done incorrectly and I'm stuck with blondish streaks that makes me want to cut my hair out of my head.

Maybe if I get a really cute cut like this one:


and than just get streaks like these put in it wouldn't be looking like I'm trying to be 14 again.


But the pink has to be a perfect pink, like this color:


What do you think?

No comments: